A Normal Day of School

              I wake up in the morning, around 7:05, to get ready for doom. I feel SO tired, that I might fall asleep standing up. I brush my teeth lazily, and change into my clothes. I walk downstairs, where Mommy is doing WeChat while burning the breakfast. I eat my burnt breakfast and get my backpack ready for doom. Mommy drives me to the bus stop, and embarrasses me when we get there. Rohan asks me a communist question and I ignore him. When we get on the bus, he sings the Soviet Union Anthem, and says more communist things.
             When we finally arrive at doom, we walk out to the main entrance. I go to my 3rd block class first, to get my Chromebook. Then I walk all the way back to my 1st block class, which is far away. Mr. Travis, my math teacher, is usually late so we sit there playing games on the computer even though I just do stuff on Chess.com. When Mr. Travis finally comes, he gives us a 5 question warm-up, that I usually get 100 percent on. Then he teaches us stuff, even though I know everything so I'm SO bored. He always tries to relate math to something disgusting, like poo. Ethan even sleeps in class 90% of the time, and he gets in trouble by Mr. Travis. When the bell rings I'm very relieved and rush out of class.
             My recharge is chess recharge, I usually just chill there with my fake friends. Anderson plays video games there, while I play chess. Recharge is pretty short, and is just a place to relax. Then the bell rings for second block, which is my English Language Arts class. Mrs. Johnson teaches ELA and is pretty nice. We first do a warm-up, like math class, except there is a open-ended question that we have to write in our journals. Then she does this thing called Vocabulit, which is basically a vocabulary worksheet that we have to do every day. Then she usually reads a chapter of the novel we are reading, called Call of the Wild. We usually talk about the book, and annotate while she is reading. Then the bell rings for my 3rd block taught by Ms. Musa
             Ms. Musa is sort of known to be mean, but she is just mean to the bad kids, and nice to the good kids (Me). But before she teaches anything, we go to recess and lunch. I usually play with my indian friends, who always play this game called Marco Polo. Marco Polo is basically tag but the person who is it has to close their eyes. Then we have lunch, which serves pretty good hot food. Everyone says it is bad, but it is a lot better than what my mom makes for lunch. Then we go back inside the classroom to learn.  She teaches Social Studies, where we learn one civilization at a time. Currently, she is teaching Greece, which is a civilization with many different city-states. She makes teaching fun, by watching videos, doing activities, or just doing document based questions. 3rd block is the longest block so sometimes it gets boring. Then the bell rings for fourth block.
              4th block varies because sometimes it is Robotics, which is A-days. And sometimes it is Orchestra, which is B-days. Robotics is basically where we do a challenge, involving building, coding, and operating robots. Ms. Owens, our robotics teacher, always separates us into groups of 4. Recently, we did a challenge where we have to build a robot that drives through an obstacle course. It was pretty fun, because we built a robot that is controlled through a joystick. We usually compete with the other teams, which is also pretty fun. Each person on the team gets a different job, which there are 2 leaders, computer engineer, and electrical engineer.
              On B-days, we have orchestra, where we basically play songs as a group. Usually the teacher, Ms. Mahanes, tunes all the instruments first, then we play songs. We are always off-beat, and sound terrible, but there is a group where advanced people go (Me). We go to this side-room and practice all the advanced songs. I usually practice with Andrew, who plays the violin. At the end of Orchestra, I wait for my bus slot to be called, which is 12. My slot is always early, so my bus is never late. My bus has assigned seats, so I'm forced to sit with Rohan. He is addicted to communism, and always talks about communist leaders and countries. I walk back home with Rohan, and finish my school day.










Comments

Popular Posts